Do you receive the Higher Rate Mobility Allowance or the War Pensioners Mobility Supplement? Clearwell Mobility in partnership with Motability can help you get a new powered wheelchair or scooter of your choice from only £15.00 a week.
In the UK, over 1.7 million disabled people receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance and over 16,000 receive the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement. Currently, some 470,000 disabled people have chosen to pay their allowances to the Motability Scheme to meet the cost of having a car, powered wheelchair or scooter, through contract hire or hire purchase plans.
Am I Eligible?
If you receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance, The Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment, Armed Forces Independence Payment or the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement, you're eligible - it's that simple.
There are no credit checks and no waiting lists.
You can confirm your eligibility by calling one of the following:
- For the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance contact the Department of Work and Pensions on 0345 300 3900
- For War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement contact the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency on 0800 169 2277
Get Mobile Today!
Simply exchange all or part of your allowance (as of 2023; £71.00 per week for DLA, £71.00 per week for Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of PIP, £71.00 per week for Armed Forces Independence Payment and £79.25 a week if you receive the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement) for your brand new powered wheelchair or scooter.
The Motability Powered Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme offers an extensive range of products, including mobility scooters, powered wheelchairs, and accessories.
At a Glance
The worry free package includes:
- A new scooter or powered wheelchair every 3 years
- Standard nationwide pricing
- Over 200 products available - most costing less than your 4 weekly allowance
- Insurance which covers any damage to people or property caused by your vehicle
- 'Get You Home' assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Replacement tyres and batteries
- Dedicated UK based customer services team
- Please note there are some things which are excluded. These are:
- Optional extras that are not fitted to the product as standard
- More than 3 claims for lost or stolen keys
- Insurance cover for personal belongings
The cost will depend on which scooter or powered wheelchair you choose. In most cases you will end up paying less than your mobility allowance. If all of your mobility allowance is not used, the remainder will be paid to you in the usual way.
Our Motability specialist advisors are here to guide through each stage of getting mobile. They will be able to carry out a full assessment of your particular needs and recommend a suitable vehicle. You can either request an assessment at home or visit one of showrooms where you can see and try our extensive range. Please see Our Showrooms pages for showroom locations or the Contact Us for details of how to contact us.
Please note that in order to maintain our high levels of service and support, we restrict delivery of scooters and powered wheelchairs to an area of approximately 50 miles from our head office in West Sussex.
This image shows our current area of delivery for Motability scooters and powered wheelchairs: